Cozumel has GREAT margaritas!
A margarita generally consists of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Sounds easy enough right? But then they throw all of the options at you…..frozen or on the rocks, salt or no salt, flavored or original. A Cozumel margarita can be great if you know where to go.
Any margarita connoisseur knows it is all about the TEQUILA! While the other ingredients are important, the tequila can make or break the margarita. Be sure to use tequila that is 100% agave.
Every restaurant and bar on Cozumel island will make you a margarita. You will soon find out that everyone makes a basic margarita a bit different. Here is a list of places that have the BEST MARGARITAS on the island (note: this is on-going research….it’s a tough job but someone has to do it! There has been NO compensation from any of the restaurants/bars in this list.)
- The Liquor Box – the fresh grapefruit juice makes this one AMAZING!
- Coconuts – the incredible view is an added bonus!
- Mezcalitos – STRONG! And served authentic style
- Hemingway Lounge, Rest. & Bar – special blend makes this one unique
- The Pub – tastes like a margarita should…not sweet!
- Thirsty Cougar – Mountain of frozen deliciousness!
- El Coctelito – Cadillac is the way to go! 2-4-1 drinks during happy hour!
- Tacos y Tequila – cucumber & jalapeno = spicy yumminess!
I am sure some of the places on the list will surprise some. Just try them and you will see…or rather taste the difference!