Whether you are an island resident or visitor, there are small things WE can do to make Cozumel even better! This list is just a sampling of the many simple, in-expensive things WE can do to improve Cozumel … one small action at a time!
- Bring baggies filled with dog/cat food and feed stray animals
- Donate unused house-hold items, clothing, bedding….just about anything…to Friends of Cozumel*
- Bring a plastic grocery bag and pick up trash on the beach. Or join the Trashy Facebook Group to be informed of beach clean-up events
- Bring supplies for the Cozumel Chrysalis Group …. check out the Supplies Needed page on their website for updated needs. Chrysalis has several convenient Drop-off Locations.
- Buy new reading glasses ($1 store) and donate to the Friends of Cozumel*
- Donate a backpack filled with school supplies and/or new tennis shoes (these can be dropped off at Casa Denis in the plaza…just tell them they are for Adrian’s Operation Cozumel Backpack)
- Sponsor meals/groceries for a family. This can be one meal or several meals. It doesn’t take much. Friends of Cozumel* has many families in need.
- Bring a supply of toothbrushes and toothpaste and donate to Friends of Cozumel*
- Eat at a small mom & pop restaurants off the bean path….where your dollar makes a difference!
- Tip your waiters & maids….the minimum pay in Mexico is very low, so every peso counts!
*Note regarding Friends of Cozumel donations: A representative can pick up the items from your house/hotel OR you can make arrangements to meet them wherever it is convenient for you! This is an extremely good cause that benefits families in need as well as the broader community of Cozumel. Please email Sandy at email@example.com or Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick-up or meeting spot.